Features of Oppo A5s
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- GSM, HSPA and LTE network technology
- S-IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 6.2 inches, 95.9 cm2 (~81.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~271 ppi density)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 8.1 (Oreo); ColorOS 5.2
- Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm) chipset
- Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53) CPU
- PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 32 GB /3GB
- microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Primary camera: 13 MP, f/2.2, AF
2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- LED flash, HDR, panorama
- 1080p@30fps video recording
- 8 MP, f/2.0 selfie camera
- 3.5mm jack
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- micro USB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- FM Radio
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4230 mAh battery
- Colors Red, Black, Gold, Green
- So, is not Oppo A3s and not to be confused with A3s either. Check out Oppo A3s at
Design and build
Notable differences include:
- Presence of a fingerprint scanner
- Dew drop notch instead of bath tub
- Glowing plastic build
Right! Now that that is out of the way, let us concentrate on the device itself. As mentioned already, the build here is plastic that mimics a reflective glass. On the back we see a fingerprint scanner at the upper op with Oppo branding beneath it. there’s also a dual camera setup on the top right corner in horizontal orientation. This has become Oppo’s style also including an LED flash that is bounced towards the left of the camera setup. I love the front panel of this phone. It is quite eye catching especially this the dewdrop notch and n 81% screen to body ratio. It is also having corning gorilla glass 3 protection this front panel to ensure display durability.
Display and camera
Oppo A5s has a S-IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen. I am not entirely sure what S stands for, but I am thinking Super as in S-AMOLED. It has a 720 x 1520 pixels resolution which makes this a fairy okay display panel. If you are used to sharper displays then it might take some getting used to here. It is also worthy to note that the aspect ratio here is 19:9 with 271 ppi density. Display interaction like streaming and gaming will e enjoyable on this 95.9 cm2 panel.
Oppo A5s has three cameras. One on the front and the other two on the back. The primary camera is a 13 MP shooter with yet another 2 MP depth sensor below it. the depth sensor improves image quality of images shot by the 13MP lens image separation process. Also, on the back and working with the primary camera when prompted is the LED flash. On board is HDR and panorama and video recording is 1080p@30fps.
Facing you is an 8 MP selfie camera. It is decent and can shoot in HDR when prompted.
Performance and memory
Okay, this isn’t something you want to see in 2019. Android 8.1 (Oreo) and with ColorOS 5.2– that is really disappointing also considering cheaper options by Oppo run Android Oreo. Roll updates ASAP? Thanks?
Dive into midrange platform performance with a Mediatek Helio P35 (12nm) chipset, an Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53) CPU and a PowerVR GE8320 GPU with Oppo A5s.
There are quite a number of options with respect to internal storage here. Choose either a 32GB or 64 GB option with 2,3 or 4 GB RAM. I would strongly recommend the 4GB RAM option for either since internal storage can be expanded using SD card here- what is commonly referred to as a memory card by my county people.
Oppo A5s is a power house with a sealed within 4230 mAh battery. This is a capacity large enough to see
There are no reviews yet.