eatures of Tecno Camon 12 Air
- GSM, HSPA and LTE network technology
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 6.55 inches, 100.2 cm2 (~84.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- 720 x 1280 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~263 ppi density)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 (unconfirmed)
– 2.5D Curved Glass
– HiOS 5.5
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm) chipset
- Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53) CPU
- PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 32GB + 3GB RAM
256 GB via microSD card (uses dedicated slot)
- Primary camera 16MP + 5MP + 2 mega pixel main camera
- 1080p@30fps, 720p@30fps video recording
- Quad-LED (Single-toned) flash
- Selfie camera 8MP
- Face Beautification, HDR+, scene recognition, AI Face ID
- 720p@30fps video recording
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0
- FM Radio
- USB 2.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted)
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Colors Aura Blue
Design and build
The build of Tecno Camon 12 Air is plastic. I think the most sacrifice has been made on the build (not design) of this phone because all the other features are top notch- to an extent you wouldn’t expect at this price point. Its corners are rounded and edges smooth.
Anyway, the focus of Tecno 12 Air is its display because it is a hole punch display. The hole punch is on the top left corner of its display while the phone faces you. Apart from that we also see a thick chin or bottom bezel as others refer to it. On the back your unlock finger will feel the fingerprint scanner which is well place on the middle top part, easy to reach when unlocking your smartphone and its is quite accurate.
You will also see the triple lens with LED flash on the top right corner and TECNO branding on the bottom left, both are in vertical orientation. The phone itself is 166mm tall and 8.2mm thick.
I will begin with the resolution of this 720 x 1280 pixels IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen. And those are two features already gotten out of the way. It has 16M colors and supports multi touch up to 5 fingers. Although its 720p res and ~263 ppi density are rather low, you must surely make up for it with the rather large field of view at 6.55 inches, 100.2 cm2 and ~84.0% screen-to-body ratio. On screen is also Corning Gorilla Glass 3 of which is unconfirmed (unspecified rather) but what is sure is that it’s a 2.5D Curved Glass.
You would think, was it really necessary to have three camera lenses (four if we have to count selfie camera) on Tecno Camon 12 Air? The answer is simple- there is no harm in having even ten of them. Here we see a 16MP main lens with a 5MP wide shooter and a 2 mega pixel depth sensor.
So yes, it may not have been necessary but all was done with the user in mind, for his or her benefit. 1080p@30fps and 720p@30fps are the video recording quality for the main and selfie cameras respectively. Take note that the flash is quad-LED (Single-toned) flash and that the selfie camera is an 8MP lens.